- ZSE-HCF LOA
Letter of Agreement
Honolulu (HCF) and Seattle (ZSE)
Effective November 27, 2018
This agreement between Honolulu Control Facility (HCF) and Seattle ARTCC (ZSE) covers coordination procedures and is supplementary to the procedures in FAA JO 7110.65, VATSIM policies and procedures, and any other governing document.
Mutual Automatic Visiting Privileges
- All active HCF home controllers holding a controller rating of S1 or greater, who are certified to control HCF minor positions, shall be granted the same privileges at ZSE as a visiting controller. No request will be required by the controller, as these privileges will be automatic and immediate.
- All active ZSE home controllers holding a controller rating of S1 or greater, who are certified to control ZSE minor positions, shall be granted the same privileges at HCF as a visiting controller. No request will be required by the controller, as these privileges will be automatic and immediate.
- Visiting privileges shall only extend to minor facilities. Major airspace, as defined in the VATSIM Global Ratings Policy, shall not be included in this arrangement. Controllers shall obtain major airspace certifications the same as any visiting controller.
- This arrangement may be terminated for specific controllers with cause by the Air Traffic Manager or Deputy Air Traffic Manager of the visited ARTCC. The staff member initiating the termination of privileges shall notify the member’s Air Traffic Manager and Deputy Air Traffic Manager of the termination. The management of the home facility shall notify the member of their termination from the program.
- This arrangement remains subject to the terms of the VATUSA Visiting Controller Policy (DP002).
- Controllers exercising visiting privileges are not subject to any minimum visiting controller activity requirements of the visited facility. If a controller is removed from their home roster for any reason, this privilege will be terminated.
- This arrangement will be automatically terminated on 11/27/2019, after which the HCF and ZSE ATMs may agree to renew this arrangement.
LOA Approved by: Aaron Schwartz - ZSE ATM
LOA Approved by: Dylan Lundberg - HCF ATM
VATUSA LOA Approval by: Brayden Manzella - VATUSA7