We're happy to announce that Revision 2 of 1903 sector files is now available. This release provides the newly enhanced airport diagrams for all facility sector files. This is still a work in progress and is courtesy of Matthew W. and Justin A. ONLY FOR VRC, but conversion for other ATC clients will be prepared soon.
Please be aware, that newly improved airports (not including KPDX) will now show only when selecting "Current Diagrams" under the APD section of SID's within the Diagrams on VRC. In addition, OldDiagramREF will also be an option that will apply pink lines to show older taxiways which have been removed real-world but may still be common in some simulator scenery.
Uniform labeling methods and colors between airports have been used in this new setup. A few other specific things to note about the "Enhanced APD's".
- KSEA Features labels for TaxiLane Whiskey and the ramp Taxi-Lanes for the north and south. TaxiLane is different from Taxiway, since it's in the non-movement area.
- KSEA also features labels in the static text for some hold points/spots, showing entry points between the ramp and taxiway Bravo and Alpha.
- KRDM has been added. This airport had previously only featured the runways only.
- KMFD has been added. The major change from the outdated diagram was the removal of the short crosswind runway.
- KPSC has been added. Improves labeling and adjustment to the taxiway Delta, with the old dogleg Delta taxiway being shown in the OldDiagramREF
- KEUG has been added. Improved many areas, including a few taxiway changes, including removal of A7 and A8. The old A9 is now A7.
- KEUG south Cargo area improved to show that the entire area is not a taxiway and is indeed a ramp area.
- KSFF and KTTD are part of the enhanced APD's, but had been previously released.
- KBFI has been redone. However, it is not yet complete. We decided to release this before completely finished since it was far better than the current BFI diagram. The only thing left is a few other labels and marking of buildings on the airport. This was not included in the original file that users downloaded on 5/5/2019, it's only available if you downloaded from 5/6 onward.
- Airports now feature ILS Hold markings which are a double yellow line instead of a single like the normal hold short markings.
- Building/facility label colors are in a blue like color.
- Ramp areas are marked in a tan/gold type color.
- All runway and taxiway labels are in White.
- Blastpads are marked with a lighter yellow.
- Displaced thresholds are now just shown within the runway with a basic white line across the runway.
- Movement area markings are in a color similar to runways, but a lighter teal.
Another awesome note for those Mentors using TWR Trainer. All Enhanced Airports will be setup with airport files, and eventually scenario/aircraft files for TWR Trainer! However, the airport diagrams may be released before the TWR Trainer is released. This will be announced soon. As of now, KOTH has been added, and KSEA/KPDX have been updated. KEUG, KPSC, and KRDM are expected to be added to tower trainer in short order. Documentation and reference images for gates, etc. will be provided as well in PDF form to assist mentors and instructors using tower trainer. This is another great project brought courtesy of Matthew W. and Justin A. More information to be released shortly.