The Seattle ARTCC Alias File Manager will be the one location to manage all of your alias files. Using this tool, it will be easy to organize among different ARTCCs, create your own alias files, and easily search for the command you need. Below is a summary of the main features.
Alias file creation and editing
- Create an unlimited number of alias commands per file
- Import preferred routes from FlightAware
- Command and function reference; inline parameter and function color coding
- Use official or community file templates
- Command and parameter preview
- Easy alias file and command search
- Export created files, individual and in bulk
- Share your alias files on ARTCC or public level
- Use and create templates from other controllers
Alias file groups can be used to organize your files among different ARTCCs. For example, you can have a Seattle ARTCC alias file group, and a Los Angeles one.
Within each file group, you can have multiple alias files for different purposes. For example, KSEA ground, KPDX ground, final APP, FNO APP, etc.
This project will be open source (license CC BY-NC-SA) and accessible to all of VATSIM.
Beta testing information will be posted as that time gets closer. If you have any questions or ideas, or would like to be a beta tester, please feel free to reply to this thread or email me.