AUDIO DEVICES

General conversation

Moderator:ZSE Administrative Staff

Peter Armstrong
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller
AUDIO DEVICES

Post by Peter Armstrong » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:44 am

Recently, when opening my position and setting all the parameters for controlling, I have had pilots contact me via Chat box and requesting "do you receive my voice"?

After running a diagnostic throughout my entire VRC system, I happened to open my AUDIO DEVICES Box and, to my horror, the "Microphone Input Device", the "Headset Output Device" and the "Speaker Output Device" boxes were EMPTY?

Has anyone else experienced this weird problem?

Now, when I open a position, I constantly check the “Audio Devices" section of VRC - on some occasions one device box was empty.

Peter
Happy controlling/flying :beer:
Valor Morghulis
Valor Dohaeris
Caveat Lector

Chris Brettrager

Re: AUDIO DEVICES

Post by Chris Brettrager » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Many times for me, my windows occasionally renames the USB headset or other type of input devices to new names then renames them back, no solution for you though I just check every session.
The Don - I've been here for too long...
"He who stands a top the mountain for everyone to see, does not lead. He who finds a way to move the mountain, he is the one who leads." - Christian Brettrager

Mike Fries
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Mike Fries » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Yes it happens whenever my USB headset gets disconnected or plugged into a different port. Even if my main speakers don't move it wipes the whole setup page

Peter Armstrong
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Peter Armstrong » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:25 am

Thanks Chris and Mike. My question is, why now after 4.5 years of controlling with VRC?
Happy controlling/flying :beer:
Valor Morghulis
Valor Dohaeris
Caveat Lector