PDC Question

Ask questions of the training staff and fellow controllers. Also training FAQs

Moderator: ZSE Administrative Staff

Roger Curtiss
ZSE Mentor
ZSE Mentor

PDC Question

Post by Roger Curtiss » Wed May 30, 2018 10:14 pm

When issuing a PDC...do you select the aircraft and then type the alias in the VRC screen or is it via chat message?
Roger Curtiss
VATGOV9

Frank Miller
ZSE Training Administrator

Re: PDC Question

Post by Frank Miller » Thu May 31, 2018 12:18 am

Roger, My PDC aliases (and those others I’ve seen in various places) all use the “.chat” or “.msg” commands, which mean that I need to select the relevant aircraft and then use the dot command. You could open the chat window manually, I suppose, but the alias does that for you so I’m not sure that’s as efficient. Also, doing the PDC from the command line means you don’t need to manually close the chat window after issuing it.

Frank

Cristóbal Catalán

Post by Cristóbal Catalán » Thu May 31, 2018 8:55 am

Is there an alias command for those? I always find myself writing them up manually with the format presented in the Documents section, which kinda defeats the purpose of a clearance ment to be given on the go.

Austin Wilkins
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Austin Wilkins » Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am

Roger -

Yes, you must have the aircraft selected as if you were going to text them on the frequency, but instead, type the dot command in a PM to the pilot.

Cristobal-

The default ZSE alias does not include PDC's. Get in touch with me on TS or email ([email protected]) and I will share my alias with you if you want. I have a few different alias commands for different PDC situations.

(AW)
Austin Wilkins | VATUSA13
Deputy Training Director | http://vatusa.net
VATSIM Network Supervisor | http://vatsim.net
Former: ZSE_TA, HCF_DATM

Frank Miller

Post by Frank Miller » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am

Here is a quartet of them from ZLA. There are others you can find by hunting around. Or design your own (once you see the example it is pretty easy).

.pdc .msg $aircraft -PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE START | CALL SIGN: $aircraft | BEACON: $squawk | FLIGHT LEVEL: $cruise | DEPT: $dep | ARR: $arr | EQUIPMENT: $type($aircraft) | APPROVED ROUTE: $route | GROUND FREQ INFO: $freq($2) | ALTITUDE RESTRICTIONS: MAINTAIN $1. EXPECT FINAL CRUISE ALTITUDE 5 MINUTES AFTER DEPARTURE-

.pdc2 - .msg $aircraft ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DEPARTURE FREQUENCY $freq($1). GROUND WILL ASSIGN DEPARTURE RUNWAY WITH TAXI INSTRUCTIONS. CONTACT APPROPRIATE GROUND CONTROL WITH ASSIGNED BEACON CODE AND CURRENT ATIS FOR TAXI INSTRUCTIONS. THIS MESSAGE SERVES AS YOUR PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. CONTACT APPROPRIATE CLEARANCE DELIVERY ONLY IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CLEARANCE. -PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE END-

.pdcr .msg $aircraft -PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE START | CALLSIGN: $aircraft | BEACON: $squawk | FLIGHT LEVEL: $cruise | DEPT: $dep | ARR: $arr | EQUIPMENT: $type($aircraft) | APPROVED ROUTE: $route | GROUND FREQ INFO: $freq($1) | ALTITUDE RESTRICTIONS: AS PUBLISHED ON THE SID | SID INFORMATION: RNAV DEPARTURES ARE RUNWAY DEPENDENT AND SPECIFICALLY MARKED "RNAV". CONFIRM FIRST RNAV FIX WITH TOWER PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.

.nopdc .msg $aircraft -PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE UNAVAILABLE. CONTACT $freq($1) FOR CLEARANCE.

Frank