Ask questions of the training staff and fellow controllers. Also training FAQs

Moderator: ZSE Administrative Staff

Peter Armstrong
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Re: CIRCLING

Post by Peter Armstrong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:43 am

VATUSA - CBT

"Skyhawk N5204N, Turn right heading 030. Join the Cincinnati 051 radial outbound direct ICING. Cross ICING at or above 3000. Cleared VOR runway 24 approach into Cincinnati-Blue Ash"

"Learjet N838OM, Proceed direct the Ocala VORTAC. Cross Ocala at or above 1700. Cleared VOR Runway 36 approach into Ocala International"

These two CBT examples I assume are both "uncontrolled airports"? They both include the name of each airport. However, I notice that the term "Proceed direct" is used instead of our "Cleared direct". I am assuming there is a reason for this! If we use "Proceed direct" then what follows is the "Cleared" for the type of approach! If we use "Cleared direct" and "Cleared" for the type of approach, we are duplicating ourselves?
Happy controlling/flying :beer:
Valor Morghulis
Valor Dohaeris
Caveat Lector

Frank Miller
ZSE Training Administrator
ZSE Training Administrator

Post by Frank Miller » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 am

I am going to ask that we bring this thread to a close.

Peter—-if you would like to take up your questions on this topic, or others such as this, I would suggest you put in a request for training and a member of the training staff can pick it up with you.

Frank

Peter Armstrong
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Peter Armstrong » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 am

Thanks Frank - I will do that.

My only concern was that other Students would not be made aware of information received at such a session, which may prompt them to rely on current in-house materials and/or the USA CBT
Happy controlling/flying :beer:
Valor Morghulis
Valor Dohaeris
Caveat Lector