2020 Update

Seattle ARTCC Approved NOTAMs to be used while Controlling/Flying

Moderator: ZSE Executive Staff

Aaron Schwartz
ZSE Air Traffic Manager
ZSE Air Traffic Manager

2020 Update

Post by Aaron Schwartz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am

I hope everyone is off to a great start in the New Year! The ZSE team is pleased to present several big updates and information for everyone.

First, I’d like to announce the implementation of two brand-new SOPs. Effective immediately, there is a new SOP for Seattle ATCT and TRACON, as well as Portland ATCT and TRACON. They are accessible in the Document Center under SOPs here: https://zseartcc.org/documents. Please review them at your earliest convenience, as these are the new procedures everyone will be following from here on out. If you have any questions, please reach out to a staff member or email [email protected].

The reason for these new SOPs is to bring ZSE up to date on various procedures that are in effect in the real-world, as well as combine SOPs into one document for a more streamlined interface. Special thanks to Alex Seeberger, Matthew Woerly, Aldo Mendoza, Chris Brettrager, and Mike Fries for their assistance in the creation and publication of these new SOPs.

Next, I’m pleased to announce the addition of Matthew Woerly to the Facilities Department and as an Instructor in the Training Department. Matthew will be working as a Facilities Engineer alongside current FE Owen Catherwood to help bring continued development to the Facilities Department.

The Events Department is busy as well, we’re hosting a Divert to Paradise Event featuring KSEA and KPDX as departure airports to the Hawaiian Islands. The event will take place this Saturday, February 8th from 1100-1300 PST (1900-2100 Zulu). Be sure to signup if you are free!

Also, mark your calendars as Friday, March 6th will be ZSE’s night for Friday Night Ops. We will need all hands on deck, be sure to mark your calendars, signups will open up in a couple of weeks!

If you’re interested in attending a Live Event (meetup in the real world) this summer, please fill out the poll on the forums so we can gather data as to how many people are interested in attending.

Lastly, we have released End of Year Statistics for 2019, viewable here. This document contains various graphs and data on information such as new controllers, total controlling hours, total training hours, etc.

As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Aaron Schwartz
Air Traffic Manager, I1
VATUSA Seattle ARTCC