Seattle Live Event 2019?

General conversation

Moderator: ZSE Administrative Staff

Would you attend a Live Event in Seattle the weekend of August 16th, 2019?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 15

Aaron Schwartz
ZSE Air Traffic Manager
ZSE Air Traffic Manager

Seattle Live Event 2019?

Post by Aaron Schwartz » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:50 am

Is anyone interested in attending a live event in Seattle on August 16th through the 17th or 18th? We would host a FNO on the 16th and all control live together, possibly control the 17th, and visit the Museum of Flight and other local activities. Please keep in mind that all costs, including but not limited to, transportation, lodging, food, and activities are at each individual’s own expense. If enough people are interested, we will make Seattle Live happen!
Aaron Schwartz
Air Traffic Manager, I1
VATUSA Seattle ARTCC

Blake Johnson

Re: Seattle Live Event 2019?

Post by Blake Johnson » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm local so that's an easy Yes. Justin mentioned on TS the other day that the group has done live events before and I think it sounds like a great idea.

Mark Thimm

Post by Mark Thimm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:33 pm

that is a bit far out on my calendar but It would be fun, Patti and I would love to take the Choo Choo up from Oregon to do that though

Dylan Lundberg
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Dylan Lundberg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Although I am a visitor, I would 1000000% attend!

Unless, that is....Home controllers only ;)

Thanks!
--
Honolulu Control Facility - Air Traffic Manager

Aaron Schwartz
ZSE Air Traffic Manager
ZSE Air Traffic Manager

Post by Aaron Schwartz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Dylan Lundberg wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 pm
Unless, that is....Home controllers only ;)

Thanks!
Of course not, everyone would be welcome!
Aaron Schwartz
Air Traffic Manager, I1
VATUSA Seattle ARTCC

Dan Everette
ZSE Senior Controller
ZSE Senior Controller

Post by Dan Everette » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am

I'll be on terminal leave awaiting official retirement. Since I live in Seattle, count me in.

Justin Alderman
ZSE Events Coordinator
ZSE Events Coordinator

Post by Justin Alderman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:25 pm

While this event is a bit out and sounds great. For those wondering about anything sooner, I have mentioned that like the events we had in the past at my residence and that of past/deceased member Tim Braly, I've already been looking to also host some regular live events in Salem/Keizer using the office of one of my companies that has plenty of space and technology to boot (ie several 65inch mounted TV's with Chromebits and Chromecasts, standing desks, etc.).

I don't want this cause this thread to come off topic, but just a note for those looking at things within the next 30-60 days. I've already been looking to host something in early Feb right now if it can be coordinated, an official event or not either. I can leverage group rate at a local hotel for those out of town and perhaps some fun activities beyond just controlling if a full weekend event(s). Having something quarterly I think would be great, only because some folks just won't be able to make events during particular times of the year, regardless of how far in advance or event last minute plans are.

Matthew Denton

Post by Matthew Denton » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:00 am

Justin, your Idea sounds AMAZING. I am new to the Seattle area, but I think Live events would be a good thing for the team. Let me know when you have dates in mind. Weekends are best for me, as I am in between Oregon and Washington (constantly going back and forth) for work.

Alex Seeberger
ZSE Controller
ZSE Controller

Post by Alex Seeberger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Justin Alderman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:25 pm
While this event is a bit out and sounds great. For those wondering about anything sooner, I have mentioned that like the events we had in the past at my residence and that of past/deceased member Tim Braly, I've already been looking to also host some regular live events in Salem/Keizer using the office of one of my companies that has plenty of space and technology to boot (ie several 65inch mounted TV's with Chromebits and Chromecasts, standing desks, etc.).

I don't want this cause this thread to come off topic, but just a note for those looking at things within the next 30-60 days. I've already been looking to host something in early Feb right now if it can be coordinated, an official event or not either. I can leverage group rate at a local hotel for those out of town and perhaps some fun activities beyond just controlling if a full weekend event(s). Having something quarterly I think would be great, only because some folks just won't be able to make events during particular times of the year, regardless of how far in advance or event last minute plans are.
I don’t think this is really off subject. This is a great idea, let me know when you pick a date. I may be able to make something like this work.

Pete Wise

Post by Pete Wise » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 am

I live in Portland so the idea of a live event somewhere close to where I am sounds great. I would of course prefer one that is closer like in Salem/Kaiser/PDX area; however, I am down for going up to Seattle for one as well, I just need an advanced warning (kind of like this one). I went to a live event one time with ZLA and it was really cool, we met up at the In-n-Out Burger by LAX, then went to the Proud Bird restaurant, then went up on Spring Hill and did some plane spotting. It was really cool, and I think that if we can do something like that here we could really put on a show for those that are not from the area.